Hours: 37 per week
Do you live and breathe code? Have a passion for modern web development?
Climb have an exciting opportunity to recruit a backend web developer to join our passionate team and help deliver a vast  of projects.
As well as helping to maintain and update an exciting catalogue of bespoke projects, you will get to develop custom back-end solutions for exciting new websites while working with a very passionate team.
You'll get to develop with our own flexible custom CMS as well as working with the latest PHP frameworks.
Brilliant designers. Skilled developers. All-round good people. The team at Climb is built on experience and passion. Years in the industry have taught us how to get the best from a project. And our passion drives us to use the latest technology for the neatest solution: helping our clients achieve more.
• Write clean maintainable code
• Design and create database schemas suitable for the project
• When assigned to project, report day-to-day to the project manager, providing progress updates against tasks
• Thoroughly test your code in development, testing and production environments
• Troubleshoot code issues
• Vast experience of modern PHP (7.0 +)
• Good Object Oriented and MVC practices
• Experience in building and using REST APIs
• Excellent knowledge of MySQL/MariaDB and other RDBMS systems
• Experience using git or other version control systems
• Excellent ability to self-manage and keep to tight deadlines
• Good problem-solving skills
• Have experience using modern PHP frameworks (Laravel, Symfony)
• Experience in building complex systems
• Working knowledge of Linux server administration (CentOS & Ubuntu)
• Knowledge of administering AWS
• Experience working with Docker and containerisation technologies
• Knowledge of writing bash scripts
• Knowledge of CI/CD systems